Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome Passover

Passover starts tonight at sundown. I have been cooking and cleaning for what seems like weeks. Here at 8:00 am I have a sponge cake in the oven and matza balls cooking too. Tonight's main course and tomorrow's main course are already cooked. They just need reheating. The fish course, chopped liver and everything else that can be made ahead has been made. Tonight we will be 15 people for a 5 course sit down dinner. Tomorrow we will be 22 for the same. Please understand I am not doing this alone. Both of my daughters are doing the same amount of work, cooking and cleaning. We have divided up the cooking chores, but each of us does our own housework. Tonight it all gets put together. Those of you who read this post and are joining us... Welcome.
For those who can not join us... You will be missed.

"Let all who are hungry come in and eat"

1 comment:

  1. Jay and I enjoyed the feast immensely. It was wonderful to see you all again, but being able to share some of the joy and tradition of Passover was an experience I'll cherish for ever.

    The best part, I think, were your two daughters singing in unison. That was pure magic!

    ReplyDelete