Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ramblings.



Here is a picture to start off with because the rest of this is depressing!

A woman I know has fought and beaten stage 4 reproductive cancer. However she is back in the hosp. She has been having stomach problems and they are doing more tests. 1/3 of them come back neg. 1/3 come back positive and the last 1/3 come back inconclusive.
To make things harder, her partner is pregnant and due in 5 weeks. It breaks my heart for them to be at both ends of the emotional spectrum at the same time.

On another note, two people I went to high school with are getting married next Friday. I am very happy for them! They reconnected a few years ago. They were going to wait a couple of years before getting married. But, they found out he has stage 2 prostrate cancer. They decided to get married now "in case". Another roller coaster of emotions there.

My daughters hand is healing from her burns. The Dude is trying to get potty trained. Miss Mim is regressing a little. I think it's because he is getting a lot of attention. So, I have been helping out over there. ( I think my daughter would like her house back and her Mom out for a little while)

State testing in school is coming up. So my other daughter is stressed. It all seems strange how we judge teachers on how well kids do on one test. Do we judge a dentist on how many cavities the patient gets?

It is also tax season. Hubby is very busy. So, the state in it's wisdom has decided now is a good time to call him for jury duty. They do this every couple of years. It's not like his clients can wait until, I don't know June, to file their taxes.

I am up to my eyeballs in dyed yarn. I think maybe I will take a day off this coming week and do NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment