Thursday, April 5, 2012

Passover is here

I am up to my eyeballs in Passover prep. I know many of you don't know what that means. Basically it means everything in the house must be cleaned.I mean everything! This goes beyond normal spring cleaning. The entire house must be made free of anything that has a leaving agent.Every nook and cranny cleaned. Nothing that has any potential of having flour for example. If a particle of dust can be there it must be cleaned. The entire kitchen has to be cleaned from ceiling to floorboards. Dishes need to be changed.(Kosher for passover) Shelves cleaned and paper changed.Food must be thrown out or sold so there is nothing that has ever come in contact with a leaving agent in in the kitchen. It is a real complete change over. Add to that cooking of food for two Seders needs to be done.

Since the Seders are not at my house I don't have to do all the cooking. Both of our daughters do their share. One daughter is hosting both Seders and it really makes things easier. I am making two sponge cakes, a chocolate dessert, Matza balls for 35 people (I think) Gifilta fish for the same number. I also get to do the potatoes for one night. And lets not forget the Seder Plate, my job as well.

Everything else is being made by our daughters. So lets take a look at a menu.

Hard boiled eggs
Chopped liver and mock chopped liver
Gifilta Fish
Chicken soup with matza balls
Turkey (1st night) Prime Rib (2nd night)
vegetable
potatoes
dessert

It's a five course dinner and we do it for two nights. It's a lot to do. Passover is only a week. But by the end I am so ready for pasta and bread I can't stand it.

So, Happy Passover everyone. The first Seder is tomorrow night. I still have lots to do. Hubby is helpful and that is a major plus. Off to cooking I go. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment