Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Erma Bombeck once wrote, by the time she had her third child, there was nothing in the fridge to eat except healthy food and yogurt.

I have discovered my fridge has little for a toddler to eat. I have some string cheese. Sometimes fruit. (like an over ripe banana) There is a box of zwieback cookies.

But, are those really things a toddler wants to eat?

Where are the cookies? Where are the raisins, the pretzels, or chips? Ok, how about some healthy finger size fruits? There are any number of kid friendly snacks, some of which are even healthy. So where are they?

Well, this Bubbie needs to find those kid friendly healthy snack foods.
The search is on, I will find them and stock my kitchen with things kids like to eat!

Stay tuned to see how the hunt progresses.

I have decided to do this because the babies have colds. Now kids get colds, but when you don't feel good you don't want to eat.
They do try to eat. But, something fun to eat just makes you feel better. Tonight we had curly noodles. That seemed to go over well. But, they need more. They tried a few bites of the chicken we had with the noodles. But...

So, now I have a plan. I will find good healthy snacks for the little ones.

This is the Dude with a cold.



Here is Miss Miri helping herself to tissue. Notice she is wearing Bubbie's shoes.



And let us not forget brotherly and sisterly love sharing the cold.


1 comment: