Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Red Snapper

One of the nice things about my Hubby is that he almost always takes something out of the freezer for dinner. This is nice because I forget to do that before I leave the house. Since he leaves after I do it's nice to have something defrosted and ready to cook. It's always a surprise to me. That's kind of fun too.



There they sat, two beautiful Red Snappers,all ready to be made into something wonderful. Calling to me.

What to do with them? To the fridge I went looking for ingredients to make these fish into something tempting to the taste buds.

I found lemons, a good start. Red bell peppers were there. But, there really wasn't much else to add to the fish.






A few spices and we were off! Red Snapper in the Vera Cruz style.




2 small red snappers (Fillets can be used) 1 to 2 pounds
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 heaping tablespoon chili powder (more if you like it hot)
1 15oz can of tomatoes coarsely chopped( use fresh if they are from your garden)
3 red bell peppers chopped

1. Put the snapper in a shallow bowl that is microwave safe.
2. Mix the lemon juice and chili powder.
3. Combine that mixture with the tomatoes and peppers.
4. Pour all of that evenly over the fish.
5. Cover the fish with plastic wrap. Be sure to vent the wrap.
6. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes until the fish flakes.
7. You will need to rotate the fish every few minutes.

They were wonderful. They sat on the plate right next to green beans saying something like "I have given my all to sustain you" Corny? Yes! But very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment