Friday, October 22, 2010

Spiders

Most people know I hate spiders. The real ones. They creep up on you silently out of nowhere. They scare the hell out of me. The fact that I am allergic to their bite might have something to do with it.

But, this time of year I find myself making them. I make them out of paper and hang them around the house. This year I am having some friends over for an evening. So I am making spiders out of chocolate. I haven't done this in years.


They are very easy to make.

2 cups chocolate chips
1 butterscotch chips
1 cup salted peanuts
2 cups chow mein noodles






1. Using a double boiler,. melt the chocolate chips
2. Add the butterscotch chips to the chocolate chips and melt them together
3. Add the peanuts and mix well
4. Add the chow mein noodles
5. Mix everything together until everything is well coated in the chocolate mixture
6. Drop well rounded spoonfuls on to wax paper lined cookie sheets
7. Cool until firm, then refrigerate

That's it. They are easy and fun to make. So enjoy the Halloween season and make some of these goodies with your family.

1 comment: