Saturday, January 29, 2011

Days fly by

I have been busy. I am dying yarn for a show at the end of Feb. I am working at the museum two days a week and trying to keep my house running. I thought if I wasn't working I would have all the time in the world to do all the things I love to do. I would have lots of time to knit. I would have time to play cello, read, exercise and all the other things I put off "until I have the time". Not true. I find I have no more time now than I did when I was working.

Just for a few days I would like the world to slow down. Yes, I know I can make that happen. I could just stop and do "nothing". But, a friend calls and says lets do lunch. My daughter calls and says let's .....(what ever). I want to! I had planned to clean house or do laundry. I had every intention of cleaning, washing, cooking etc.

It may sound like I am complaining. I really am not. I just want a few more hours in each day and a few more days in each week. I want my grandchildren to grow a little more slowly.

I can wish can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment