Monday, September 13, 2010

Sometimes the cosmos like to play games. I had a tough day today trying to get the state of Illinois to do what it is supposed to do. I stood in line for over two hours after having driven around to get the paper work they said I needed. Then I found out that I did not need that paperwork but something else. So I drove back to where I started to get the new paper work and when back to the state office to do everything over again.
After spending my entire day doing all of this, I was feeling very put-upon. I felt I needed some pampering. Hubby agreed. So he offered to take me out to dinner.
While driving to dinner we got a call. A good friend had had a heart attack. He had surgery and is going to be alright.
But, my world was brought up short.Here I was feeling sorry for myself. Compared to what my friend and his family was going through I had had a minor inconvenience.

How full of ourselves we can be, I can be.

After my cancer I had a continuum I used to measure how important things really were. I guess I had forgotten. Is the problem a broken fingernail or a death in the family. (---|---------------------) My day was more of a fingernail thing.

Hug those you love. They are only with us for a short while.


No comments:

Post a Comment